Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back in it...

A lot has happened in the past week. I turned 29, started a new quarter at school and have a totally new work schedule. All of which has made me feel a little old. My classes and work all start at 8 am, which isn't really that early but when you live 30 minutes away it can be a real bitch. Art students aren't known for going to be early either, so at some point I am going to pull an all nighter and have a total breakdown.

On another note, I would like to tell you all about my favorite new discovery. There is a line of notes books and stationary out called Black and Red. They are produced by Oxford, which is like the English equivalent of Mead. These note books are awesome! They have great quality paper and are just well thought out. I get the polypro spiral bound covers. Which means they make great coasters! The spiral is pretty tough and holds up to abuse, so you are almost assured to be able to fold the cover back and actually fit the notebook on these small ass college desks that they have around here. They also have the typical notebook information chart inside which I never usually look at but since I have gone back to design school they have all sorts of convient measurements and charts in there that have really come in handy. I recommend anyone who is looking for a notebook or sketchbook for ANY REASON, to go to Staples or OfficeMax and pick these up. They are little more expensive but they are worth the money. Oh! I almost forgot, the greatest part about these notebooks, they come in European sizes. No more of that ugly 8.5 x 11 stuff. European paper sizes are based on the golden proportion and if you are as anal and as much of a freak as I am you will appreciate the proportions theses notebooks use. Personally I could stare at a golden rectangle all day, I find it very pleasing to the eye. If you don't believe me, take a standard European sheet of paper, A4, and hold it next to a standard American 8.5 x 11. If you don't immediately fall in love with the A4 and experience some form of synesthsesia, then DaVinci was right and you are a walking dunn heep. Ok...that is enough out of me. I have fulfilled my mispelt word quota for the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you just write about a notebook? only you.
whitney