Monday, February 07, 2005

been a while

Man it feels like forever since I have been able to make an entry. I don't like to neglect the blog, especially now that it is developing a cult following! :)
The one thing I am regretting about this whole back to school thing is not being able to keep in touch as well as I would like. School is all consuming and while I do enjoy that, in some ways it is getting to be a bit much. Anywho, those of you who haven't heard from me, I am working on it. My next task is going to be getting my xbox live back online, not that I will get to play it much but still....
By the way you all have to check out Something for Rockets. They are this great "new" band that I sort of stumbled upon. Of course in a strange confluence of events that only happens to me there is a story behind this. I saw SFR on this MTV news thing. I was skeptical at first because it was MTV but then seeing the band won me over. Well, as usual I can't remember shit, especially names, so later that day I tried to find out more and I couldn't find anything because of course I couldn't remember their name. So I was talking to my friend Alexis who of course has her hand on the pop-culture pulse of America. She had made me an "art school" cd mix. She is always trying to get me to be more librel and arty and I love her for that even though I do try and resist. Anyway I tried telling her about this band and just couldn't remember their name. So weeks go by and I was talking to her again. She tells me I should check out this band she saw in concert last night. They are called Something For Rockets. Well at that point I was screaming at the computer screen. As you all know the only way you can talk to me is over IM because I never answer my phone. I hate phones. Anyway I go on to tell Alexis that SFR is the band I was trying to tell her about previously and she has NO recollection of this conversation. Needless to say my frustration was at an all time high. Anyway she says they were awesome and that I should get the album which is now on iTunes. The next morning I wake up and check my email...I get an email from Alexis forwarding me an email thank you from Rami Perlman one of SFR's members. ONLY ALEXIS! That is all I have to say, not only does she dig the band that I heard first, she is now "in" with them. Unbelievable!

Right so in continuing the tradition of this blog, that was my really lame story about a whole lot of nothing. Just buy the fucking album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when are you and alexis gonna get it on?

MAQ911 said...

I will leave that decision up to Alexis.

Anonymous said...

depends on how in shape mark has gotten...

ps: look for me in the something for rockets video when it comes out