Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Still kicking...


It has really been insanely long since I blogged. I have to say I honestly missed it. Sometimes hobbies can become chore-like, but this I actually missed. Anyway, I am in my fourth quarter at school and this is by far the hardest. Not because the work is too much but I have a new schedule, a new job, more debt and the realization that I don't have much talent.
The quarter started off with a bang. My parents came down as school was starting up and I ended up getting some new wheels. Yes that is right I am piloting a Mazda 3 5-door ass-hauler and I have to say I love it! It is so fun to drive! So yes I been rolling in something similar to the picture above. I would have taken a shot of my car but it needs to be washed. It is essentially the same thing just silver.
Right, moving on. Lots going on this quarter. I am starting to take more advanced classes which is cool but man do I suck. I have a storyboarding class for my sequential art program. It is a really cool class and my teacher is an awesome guy. I feel like I am learning more about good drawing now than I have ever done before. However, I can't draw worth shit. There is a girl in my class who is a film major, FILM, and she draws circles around me. I am just amazed at her artwork and she is only taking the class for fun. SO to say I feel a little deflated is well...very accurate. However my photography and art history classes are going relatively well. I dont' see myself making Dean's List quarter, but I am sure gonna try to kick it up a notch.
My new job involves me teaching people how to ride Segways. So essentially I ride one all day which is fun at first but after about 8 hours in the hot Savannah sun, nothing is fun except taking a shower and passing out. I actually have been so damn busy and behind on school work that my life is sort of a blur. I havent worked out in a week and I feel my stomach growing exponentially. There are people that I haven't spoken to in months that I have been meaning to write/call but when you get home at like 11 pm every night, all you want to do is sleep. That is if you have finished your homework. What really stinks is that I haven't really hung out with my friends at all this quarter. If I see them it is only briefly and the entire time I am thinking about doing homework or working on a project which means I am not giving them my full attention...which I HATE.
But all this complaining is just me expelling hot air. All this business and craziness will pass soon and I will be on a long winter break where I can get some things done and work on some personal projects. AS WELL AS SEE THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT! I have another post waiting in the wings about some things I have been experiencing lately but I want to post that as a seperate topic.
On another note...I found out tonight that my ex is engaged. I sort of new this in the back of my head...because everyone I know seems to be getting married. I am not sure why this bothers me...maybe because the guy she is marrying is the schmuck she started dating shortly after we broke up. Or because he is everything I HATE. When I say I hate, I mean as a fellow Alpha male he has characteristics that I hate other Alpha's having. But regardless...it shouldn't bother me but it does and I don't know why. It is like that little black spot in the back of your head or the dull ache in your ribcage. It is there and it doesn't really keep you from functioning but it annoys you and makes you think about it.
Here's to being single...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Ain't no power down there, you know? I was headed down South, but when they told me they had no power and a curfew (laugh) ... Edge needs power and Edge don't need no curfew. Edge time is Edge time." -- Edgerrin James on why he didn't go to Florida during his bye week.....

Dude, He stole your Quote.....