Thursday, January 05, 2006

I wanna be an Industrial graphic sequential designer artist when I grow up!


Well I have had my first full cycle of classes and I have to say I like all my professors but I feel the work is going to be crippling. I forsee it being so intense that I may actually have to quit my job at Kinetic (Segway tours). I don't want to quit work because I am not 100% sure that I could live off my loans each quarter. I think I will talk with the "Boss Lady" (one of the local homeless guys calls her that) about decreasing my hours and take it from there. In other news the boys are all back in town and I was able to have lunch with Kelsey and Adam. Adam and I have drastically changed our appearance. As you can see from the picture above, I am quite a bit furrier than I have been in the past. I have grown a full beard and I am attempting to grow out my hair. My hair hasn't been this long since elementary school when every kid had the "bowl" haircut. It hasn't gotten to me yet and I think that I may actually be at the point of no return, basically it doesn't bother me so I can just keep going.
Other than that nothing much has changed around here. There was another murder near school the other day. A young girl from Savannah who was home for the holidays was shot and killed in one of the squares behind a SCAD dorm. It just so happens that the square is across the street from where I generally park my car. Believe you me it is not a bad neighborhood at all and the last place you would expect things to happen. But as I have learned you can never expect too much from this city. The mayor held a meeting on crime again and basically tripped over his meaningless words. As a matter of fact now that I think about what he said, I am not sure he even made a coherent sentence. Ain't that a bitch!
Well I am doing what I can to drop some weight. I ran two miles today and even though my time was HORRIBLE, it still kinda felt good to run. Of course my lower quarters are hurting something fierce but what can ya do. Tommorrow I should have a pick up of me show what shape I am in and will continue to put one up every week for six weeks. Tommorrow is a lift day and I don't think I am gonna do it in the morning only because I have an early morning meeting.
In completely unrelated news, the classic rock station that I listen to in the car down here has been acting very strange. They have been playing for the last 48 hours the same exact Johnny Cash album over and over again. I believe it is the one he recorded from Fulsom State Prison. Anyway, I really like Johnny Cash but I am not sure why they keep playing this same album over and over. It is kinda funny, because I few times today I got out of my car and several hours later got back in and picked up right where I left off, same song and everything! Only in Savannah...
M

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...mark Geary, is that YOU!!! You look so Northern and rugged in that beard, is it to keep you apart from the southern folk? Kinda hot.

Keep up the good work, kid. I can't believe you ditched me, AGAIN, when you were in town. You suck.

Anonymous said...

You looked a lot better less furry! I know you probably don't really care but still....shave!!!!

Anonymous said...

It just depends who you are trying to attract I guess....the furry look makes you look a lot older than you are so if you're going for the older women then go for it!

Anonymous said...

Is that really you? You look very Irish, and like you should be in an Irish band.

Anonymous said...

We (Claudia & I)are all for the semi-nude pic's on the web mark!! do it!!!