Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year, New Quarter

Well I am back in Savannah after a few weeks in Rhode Island for the holidays. Overall it was a good time although it seems like it when by so fast. Last Thursday I started the long drive back to South Carolina and I have to say that I think it will be the last time I ever do it again. If I ever move anywhere else I will pay someone to haul my car and I will just fly to my destination. Such a long drive...your mind literally starts turning to mush.
School starts tommorrow. It will be my fifth quarter at SCAD and I am finally starting to take course that deal more directly with my major. Hopefully they will go well and I will enjoy them, otherwise this little art school adventure could turn out to be a joke. With the New Year now begun, I feel like I should try and make some resolution and start off on the right foot. So for the next six weeks I will be doing my best to get back in shape and lose weight. My proposal is to take a picture of me, semi-nude and post it on the blog once a week to chart my progress. Along side the picture I will post my weight, run times, etc. to show how much progress I have made. So stay tuned for that little bit of hilarity. My other resolution is to really focus on what my goals are as an artist and start working towards an artistic identity of sorts. I really want to improve my drawing but also I feel at the very least I should start keeping a journal of my ideas for projects that I want to work on or see developed. If they turn out to be any good I may post them or sketches. That is really all I have to say right now. I have been rather moody the last couple of days and I think it is the let down after the holidays. Things sort of become anticlimatic as you get older.
I do firmly intend on writing in the blog more. I know started off last year doing pretty well and hopfully I will be able to get more into a grove with it again. Less TV perhaps...oh wait I never watch TV anyway... Well it is time for bed, early morning of weight lifting and such...pictures to follow
M
you know what would really be cool this year...to get a girlfriend...

No comments: