Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Savannah

Well this is my last night in Hilton Head, SC. It really is very beautiful down here. For those of you not in the loop I have been accepted to the Savannah College of Art and Design. I came down to stay with some family friends in HH, while I checked out SCAD. I have to say Savannah is breathtaking. The architecture alone could keep you busy for weeks. It definitly has a flavor all of its own!
SCAD as a school is truly top notch. The facilities were hightech, outstandingly clean and overall looked like a great working environment. I think I am really going to enjoy attending there even if right now I have no idea what the hell I am doing.
My parents are building a rather expensive vacation home about 20 minutes north of Savannah. This is where I will be living for the next few years. Now it is really cool that I will pretty much have a house to myself however I am a little weary of it all. I mean, commuting to school and dealing with parking could get really old when I could just as easily live in Savannah. Although I will save money on rent and utilities. I guess I just have this feeling of missing out on something. I really would like to be involved as much as possible and get as much out of this experience as I can. Savannah as a city seems to offer all sorts of "adventure" and the more I can experience it the more satisfied with my stay I will be. Anyway I am going to keep this entry short and I will definitly tell more about my trip when I get back home. Sadly I am using a dial up connection and well folks, it just doesn't cut the mustard!
peace

No comments: