Thursday, October 28, 2004

Back in RI

I got back to Rhode Island at like 2:30 pm. What a week! My vacation is flying by and to be honest it is a little upsetting. But there isn't much I can do about it. If I was in RI for most of my vacation I would have just sat on my ass anyway! There is shit to do around here and no one to do it with!
Anyway, Savannah, as previously mentioned is absolutely gorgeous. A great town all around. But the SCAD was the icing on the cake. Talk about a great learning/working environment with all sorts of facilities where they spare no expense. It really is a hell of a school, if I was half as excited about American as I am about SCAD I probably would have done a whole lot better in DC. But anyway it was just great to walk around and get an idea of the city and the school.
Now comes the hard part! I have to get loan money from various different sources and move down there as well.
I will admit thought I was a little apprehensive about the new location. I am only about 20 minutes away from the school which is the equivalent of Rockville to DC, but where I am living there is really nothing out there. I am sort of worried that all I am going to do is get up go to school and come home. For the most part that will be my life, however I would like some distraction as well. It would be nice to get involved at school and I am just concerned that being as far out as I am will sort of hinder any sort of social life.
The new house my parents are building will be really nice when it is done. It is coming along splendedly; I toured the site while I was down there. I thought it would have been bigger but perhaps my perception was off. Anyway the development will be similar to that of King Farm. Lots of houses and stuff in a self contained community. There is also an education complex next door that goes from k-12 and it has a stadium. A FREAKING STADIUM! Football is really big down there and on Friday nights the whole town shuts down to watch the game. A bit silly I think, but then again I never played football so what the hell do I know?
All in all it was a good trip and I think my reservation about living in South Carolina instead of Savannah will go away in time. I just felt a little stranded but I am hoping that will change when I become more familar with the area. I also hope to continue my training down there so that I can run some races come the spring and summer. The biking maybe hard, but I can run at least. I have no idea where I am going to swim yet, so I will have to figure all that out. I can't worry about it now even though I know I am going too. I think my best bet is focus on losing some more weight and building up my mileage, in running especially, before I start to worry about races. Anyway I am getting sleepy, so I am gonna turn in. Peace
Mark

No comments: