Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Day from Hell...


facialhair
Originally uploaded by maq911.
So today I was going to hold my first Edgeworks opinion poll. The photo above we will call, Item A, is what you will be using to cast your votes. So here it is...Mark with facial hair or Mark without facial, let me know what you think? You can share your opinion by leaving a comment on the blog.
Which brings me to my other request, I love the fact that people read my blog and I love it even more when they comment. However, I would really really love it if you would sign your name to your post so I know who the hell you are. I know I allow anonymous blogs but that is more for those people who don't have a google account, so they can comment and not have to register.
On to the day from Hell...
I wake up today with the intention of exploring the low country with my buddy, Griggs. I slept late and felt like I probably shouldn't get out of bed, but I did and I went for a run. I am on a crusade to lose my gut. Anyway, I shower up, jump in the car and start doing my errands. I get down the end of my street and my car starts sputtering. I am hoping it is just one of those random fluke things. But as I get further down the road, my check engine light comes on, my rpms are all over the places and my car is starting to buck.
I try and find a place to take my car and everyone I go to is all filled up or they don't have loaners or whatever. I hate the remoteness of Bluffton, SC. Back home in RI, this would not be a problem.
I finally find a place to take, Thank you Mr. Goodyear. They hook it up to a machine, 15 minutes later they come back with a bunch of parts wrapped in a rag. The show the parts (which by the way I still have) Essentially it is a stripped spark plug with the top snapped off, and some electrical rubbery stuff that is all melted. Apparently the part of the spark plug that broke off has fallen into one of my engine cyclinders and has potentially cause serious damage as well as made certain parts of my engine's anatomy melt.
Mr. Goodyear then tells me this is above and beyond him and I will need to take my car to the dealership, which is about an hour away...and my car is not driveable. This is yet another episode of WTF, starring ME!
I then have to co-ordinate a towing from Mr. Goodyear to far-off dealship and then somehow get my ass home. Did I mention I was a good 10 miles from home. So I try and rent a car. The car place next door to Mr. Goodyear is ALL OUT OF CARS! At this point I have already grabbed my ankles and started to bite down...As an aside this is nothing new. I have often gone to specialty retailers, like car rental places, pizza places, etc etc and have been told on several occassions that they are out of the only thing they sell. Case in point, I have been to Pizza Hut several times in my life and have been told that they are all out of DOUGH! of that they can't make me a medium pizza, they only have larges! You see the pattern of abuse here...
So, I call another car rental place at a local airport, which by the way is the size of a pinto. They are about 10 miles from my location and I ask if they can drop the car off to me...OF COURSE NOT! They only deliver cars within a 5 mile radius...so I now have a car ready that is 10 miles away and no way to get there. My day is oh so sunny...
Luckily a local friend was home who was able to pick me up and take me to the airport to get the damned car...a freaking Monte Carlo!
All in all it was a shitty day, and a long day of waiting for bad news. So to top it all off, I of course put up two hideous pictures of mug to see what the rest of the world things of me with or without facial hair...
I am reminded of Radiohead "You do it to yourself, you do..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all for facial hair.

Anonymous said...

Holy hell! Do you ever get the feeling that maybe it's you? I'm kidding. Maybe that would be funny if you knew me better. Anyway, hope things start going even slightly more your way.

Anonymous said...

I think you should get a full blown beard, run down to the low country, and find yourself something to bite into. You're in for the long haul.

Anonymous said...

no facial hair is much sexier