Sunday, July 17, 2005

motivation


selfportrait
Originally uploaded by maq911.
Man, there are just some days no matter how many deadlines I have bearing down on me I just don't have the motivation to do a damn thing associated with school.
I don't have anything due tommorrow but there are things I need to work on and I just don't have the fire in the gut to do so. There are some older projects that I want to retune and resubmit but I just can't seem to be bothered to finish them.
I often wonder how people who make their living doing art can get out of bed and stay motivated. I am sure it is just a weekend thing for me and tommorrow on my way to class I will have pumped myself up. But right now I just do not care for any sort of homework. It is really frustrating actually to be so unmotivated, and it actually scares me. The key to the art game or doing any sort of creative work for a living is discipline. The people that make are the ones that get up everyday and do there thing. People who get books published or get their art noticed are the ones that work hard at it. For me to succeed I need to go the distance and not just get up and go to work but work harder every day than I did the day before. The SEALS have a saying "The only easy day was yesterday,"
Enough of my bitching I will just suck it up and hope this lack of balls goes away.
The work that is posted is a self portrait I had to do for a class in 2-D Design. Basically you use different colors to describe the value and "map" of the face and then you add a "motif" to add more detail. It was fun...sort of

No comments: