Thursday, July 28, 2005

Warming up...

Another great thing about blogs is that when you have to write several papers in one weekend it is a great way to warm up your hands and brain for a several hour long typing session. Blogs are also a great way to procrastinate so my warm up will probably be quite long!
Anyway, my previous post about "the girl" I stumbled upon really seemed to spark a lot of interest. I think I got more random anonymous responses from that one post than I have from anything else I have written. Only one regular reader that I know of commented on the entry.
Well continuing the saga of the "girl behind the bar", I have some more news. The young lady that I found so stunning has actually been fired from her place on employment! I found this out the other day by my usual method of keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. This girl apparently got arrested one night and did not show up to work the next day. This really pissed off her co-workers as some of them had to come in earlier and then to top it all off she was a few hours late for her shift the next day. The boss told her not to bother coming in and fired her over the phone. I find this to be really amusing. First off, I said the girl was beautiful, and she is without a doubt pretty damn stunning. However, I never said she was smart or had a personality. After hereing she got thrown in the klink my opinion of her isn't really stellar. All beauty no brains my friends leads to nothing but misery.
I do however appreciate people's supportive comments. Telling me to make a move and go out on a limb and all of that. For the record I have done that 100 times over in other situations with different girls that grabbed my attention. Almost always they have boyfriends or want NOTHING to do with me. Now some might say I try too hard or that I am girl crazy and go after everything in a skirt. I don't think either one of these statements is true. What is true is that I am incredibly picky so when I stumble (I mean that literally) upon a girl that I like then I usually go for it. Sometimes it isn't worth the effort. The girl is a dud, has the personality of a dead sea slug, etc etc. Sometimes it is worth it but they are already involved or more commonly don't like yours truly. To say that I act the fool is as accurate the sun will rise in the morning. Such is life.
What I refuse to believe though is that non-action will bring results. The old adage that if you don't look for it will come to you. Well folks I am not exactly acting like Indiana Jones on some quest for the "Holy of Holies". But when I see an opportunity I think it is just stupid to not try and make something happen. But like many things in life there are many truths to my tales and one of them is while I would love to have a girlfriend again I am not really sure I have the time or money for one. School keeps me extrodinarily busy with work as well as preoccupied with brainstorming for new ideas.
What really annoys me though is the assumption on the part of the female species. It isn't like when I try and talk to you I am convertly asking you to get naked and hop in bed with me. The assumption that a guy isn't genuinely interested in getting to know you is a big mistake on their part. I understand girls need to be on their guard, but I am not exactly a physically or mentally (sadly) intimidating guy. Quite the opposite I would think, but regardless don't assume that just because I ask for your number or if I can take you out that I want anything more than a date! A chance to talk and get to know who you are and whether or not I WANT anything to do with YOU is basically all I am looking for. And if you are so lucky to make the first round cut and become a draft pick then consider yourself damn lucky and don't act like you had it coming! Anyway...as for the bartender girl, well she has a co-worker that I have had a little crush on for a while. Not that I have been any more successful there but she is a hell of a lot smarter. So it was all just a passing moment between me, my cheesesteak and the fugitive bar keep. I have other things I need to focus on, like making a clay head.
Keeps your eyes open for some sculpture to appear soon on the blog. I have a giant frog and a dragonfly to show. I am also currently working on a mini-bust of me which will have three variations. This latest project I am NOT looking forward to, only because my experience with clay has not been that great. However, I will accept this mission with an open mind and embrace the challenge wholeheartedly. Art is hell...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am sorry that this girl didn't turn out to be so perfect. As for the rest of your post...a girl who deserves to be your girlfriend would want nothing to do with your money or lack there of, and maybe you are just looking in the wrong places....(bars)....not the best place to find the girl with beauty and brains....anyhow keep looking and i am sure you will find her...

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with the previous comment. as i was reading i was thinking that you just can't pick up the type of girl you deserve in a bar. don't ask me where you can find one, i don't know that. but bars tend not to be the best places. and you are really busy with school so i would just focus on that. i know this sounds cheesy, but the right one (or the right one for right now- to paraphrase sex and the city) will come along when you least expect it. hang in there kiddo.

Anonymous said...

I know where he can find someone who would be a great girlfriend or just someone to hang out with and have fun, I am not so sure that he is interested in her, but I know that she is interested in him! Don't bother to ask who I am talking about, I promised to keep a secret so you will have to figure it out yourself Mark!

Anonymous said...

okay well in response to seadoo- i can see why you had to give up your search for a woman, you seem to be quite an asshole. And don't comment on a situation you know nothing about, my friend has made it very obvious that she is interested in Mark and they do speak. Maybe I am just old fashioned but as far as I am concerned once a woman has made it clear that she is interested it is then up to the man to make the next move. Maybe the reason you have been unsuccessful in finding a good woman who will treat you right is because you approach the whole situation in a negative way. And as for Mark, why the hell do you think you are so unattractive?