Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Hello Chicago!


Chicago
Originally uploaded by maq911.
I know it has been a while since I wrote but with the end of the quarter coming on fast spare time is few and far between.
So I went to Chicago a few weeks back to check out Wizard World 2005. It is a huge comic convention and my Griggs and I decided to attend this year.
I had never been to Chicago before and I have to say it is an amazing city. I sometimes forget living on the East Coast how much older everything is. Chicago is like a brand new city fresh out of the box. Incredibily beautiful and clean. Sure there are some bad parts but it isn't anywhere near the shit-hole that Savannah is. Just going down to the lake shore is worth the trip. It still wierds me out that Chicago is on a lake that is so big you can't see the other side. Growing up on the Atlantic Ocean you think the only thing nearly as big is another ocean. Seeing Lake Michigan really puts it into persepective just how big this planet is...

No comments: