Friday, August 05, 2005

Words...

Self-Pity

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence


Man, what a week. Things are picking up like a clepto in a dollar store. My plaster heads are all dry, which is good. Now I just have to figure out what to do to them. I been watching a lot of those motorcycle shows on the Discovery Channel. I think I want to paint one of the heads like they paint the bikes. We'll see how that works out.
Anyway, I have royally screwed up my thumb. I have a really nasty sprain from taking a huge hit in dodgeball. Tieing my shoes has become a real chore and just trying to get my wallet out of my back pocket is something of an exercise. I just hope it heals up quick so when the tournament comes I will be able to rock and roll.
Today was really wierd. I generally do not get a lot of phone calls but today my phone was blowing up from friends I hadn't spoken to in a while. It was actually great to hear from all of them but as usual I had limited time to chat. Such is the life of a SCAD student.
I have to say I really do like 3D design. One of the reasons for this is that while I am in class there is another Professor from school who is working on making his own stained glass windows. I am not sure why but I find this really fascinating and I tend to finish my work really fast so that I can watch the process. It is actually really a tedious process that requires a lot of attention to detail and trial an error. BUT IT IS SO COOL!
On another note, I think my blog is starting to get around. Which is cool because that means more people are reading and possibly commenting. However I am opening myself to less privacy and much more criticism. Naturally I am weary of this but I think it might be good in a way. If I ever actually use this blog to write something other than my daily thoughts and experiences, maybe people will read and I will get even better feed back. There is a really drunk guy outside my window right now and he was just being attended to by an ambulance. Now he is just stumbling away...ah life can be sooo entertaining.
My friends are watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer right now. I can't say I am big fan of the show but they are so it is interesting watching with them. The life of a fan-boy is a constant struggle.
Anyway, I am gonna run now. Have a good night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever decide to take a break from your homework you should get ahold of me,I want someone to go out to Tybee and swim with some night but Amanda won't go swimming with me...

Anonymous said...

well mark, after reading, well, about 8 of your blogs tonight, I will say that's it has been very enlightening reading/hearing what you think verses what i've heard you actually say. It's sort of like removing a superhero's mask...well...if you were the superhero of sarcasm or somehting like that. ANyways. Rambled enough for now.
Talk to you soon.

-B.