Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wizard World 2005! continued...


Dustin Nguyen
Originally uploaded by maq911.
Another artist I got to meet was a real surprise! I was a huge fan of the book Wildcats 3.0. During the run of the book I was introduced to the art of Dustin Nguyen who is pictured here doing a sketch for a fan. I got a sketch from him picturing Grifter and Zealot. I LOVE this guy's art. After seeing him in Wildcats I really started following his career. Right now he is rocking on The Authority: Revolution. Check it out if you get a chance. OR you could go to his website at www.duss005.com.
Acutally I would be remiss if I didn't tell this tale. While at the convention I was walking around and I was pretty tired. I stumbled upon Dustin by accident and was really excited to get the chance to meet him. However, when I got to the DC booth he was just about to leave. Expressing my disappointment he told me about his table over in artist alley. So I walked with him over to his table and we started talking. Well next thing I know I have been chatting with him for an hour and he offers me a seat. I ended up hanging out with the rest of the convention which was REALLY COOL. It was great to talk to him and hear about the business from the other side. At the end of it all, Dustin gave me a VIP party pass that was for the creators only party held by the convention. IT WAS AWESOME! So thank you Dustin, you are the man...keep up the great art too

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I would have loved to go to a comic book convention.

Paul