Monday, December 13, 2004

Good weekend, Bad movies

A strange weekend. A good one yet filled with terrible film. Perhaps it was just my mood but man I think I saw four movies this weekend, and none of them I could get into. However, Catherine Zeta Jones was in two of them and I can always get into her...
Right so last week I got a call from work. They are swamped and needed to call in reinforcements. Of course I said yes because my ass is broke! Well on top of working in the day I have been working in the night. These damn customers keep calling me at the worst possible times and I have to really control myself to keep from telling them to "Fuck off!"
Anyway, Friday after work I went home and crashed for a few hours. I called up Kev and my buddy Steve. Steve is always up for a movie of senseless violence and special effects. So we went to see Blade Trinity. It is really saying something when the best movie you saw over the weekend was a movie about blowing up vampires. Obviously it wasn't as good as the first two Blades but it was still nice to see Jessica Biel kick ass and Ryan Renolds as "Hannibal King" was freaking hysterical. So of course leaving the movie, Kev and I arrive at my house and we start watching Terminator 3. It is so tongue in cheek that the two of us were laughing our asses off. Kev does a great impression of the Terminator.
Saturday I tried to finish my wrapping but my parents for whatever reason decided they were going to invade my room. It ended up being a several hour foray into how to print labels on the computer. Both of my parents antagonizing each other and barking at me to fix the computer. I was so annoyed that after a while I had to go sit in another room. In the long run I suppose that is better than flipping out at the two of them and then having them gang up on me. When you are an only child, parents always win if you lose your cool. So whatever, eventually I pass out and then wake up. I was supposed to hang out with Emily and so I gave her a ring. She nannies for this family up on the East Side of Providence. She was watching the kid Saturday, so we rented movies and ate pizza. Good times all around and it was better than going out and getting trashed. However, I picked two really bad movies. First off was the Cooler with Willaim H Macy and Alec Baldwin. I could have sworn I saw the previews for this film and they were funny. THIS MOVIE NOT FUNNY! It is really a dark, violent, yet slightly uplifting film. Emily doesn't like violent movies...which means this one really shit the bed. After taking a break to order pizza and play with Nathan (the baby), we popped in Terminal with Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta Jones. This movie was a much happier affair. However, after the novelty of watching how a man lives in an airport terminal for nine months wears off, this movie loses a lot of its fun. The best part of the movie is Gupta. That is all I can say.
On a more positive note, even though the movies were shit, Nathan is possibly one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Not sure how old he is, but he is a smiley happy baby. He is really easy to take care of too. He didn't cry once, just smiled and drooled. He does make funny noises which crack me up. He really is just a cute little meatball. However he only falls asleep if you hold him. Emily had to hold him for hours.
On Sunday after waking up way too early, I went to breakfat with Paul and Brianne. Brianne is a few months pregnant, although she isn't showing too badly. It was good to see them both, and eat. Paul is a human garbage disposal. He had to eat 15 pounds of food. It is really amazing. Of course the stress of his job probably makes him hungry. Poor guy is at a top rated law firm, which will go nameless, and they treat him like shit. He works 14 hour days of getting bitched at by senior partners. I don't envy him even though he is making serious cash. However, I am sure in the long run he will be better off. If he can handle this place then he can work anywhere. Plus the experience he is getting will benefit him when he decides to move onto a firm that isn't so cutthroat. I really do wish him all the best. Brianne too! This is one of the few chances I get to be an uncle...
Sunday night I woke Kevin up at around 5 pm. He didn't get home till 6 am from a party he was working at. So we got dinner and then went to the movies to see Ocean's Twelve. Again, this was a disappointment. Not as good as the first movie, although it was still entertaining. I remember laughing out loud at the first one, not so much this one. Regardless it had Catherine Zeta Jones in it , who was quite good as an Interpol agent. She is so freaking hot it hurts. Anyway, the best part of this movie was the previews. There was a preview for Batman Begins which is coming out in the summer. I haven't been this excited for a movie since Episode I. However, I think this will at least be good. It has a great cast and director and just looks so badass. It really goes back to the dark version of Batman. It goes back to the Tim Burton/Michael Keaton days when the Bat franchise was still respectible. God damn Joel Schummacher!
But that is about it...I got a couple of new albums that I am giving a whirl to. I will write more about those later but for now I am tired and going to bed. Good night
E

No comments: