Monday, December 20, 2004

Inker wannabe (cont..)


BatsSupes
Originally uploaded by maq911.
Here is the end result. The scan wasn't that good so there are some things that just don't show up. I can't figure out why the speach bubble in panel 5 got scanned. It was done in blue pencil! Anyway, I am fairly satisfied with the way it came out. Definitly a learning experience. Real inkers are lucky they get to work on the actual drawing, which means it is bigger and on bristol board which soaks up ink nicely. This was 8.5 x 11 and on lazer paper, which is slighly glossy. I got lucky the ink soaked up well but the tiny details were a real bitch to do.I think my favorite part was doing Batman in panel 3 (the big panel). I love the Dark Knight and it was really cool to work on Jim Lee's version. The only thing that was a realy bitch about it was his utility belt. It was so small on 8.5 x 11 that my nose was practically on the page so that I could mind the detail!
Overall this was a fun experience and it gave me all new respect for inkers, especially the great ones like Scott Williams. This is not an easy job to have...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! A famous man once said "I AM NOT A TRACER!" :-)

Pancho Vista said...

You could easily do this for a living.