Saturday, November 27, 2004

Flash


Flash
Originally uploaded by maq911.
A friend of mine from Xbox Live asked when I was going to post more of my artwork. The true be told I don't have a lot to show. However, this is one of many sketches I did when I was still working. It is based on sketch Michael Turner did of the Flash. If you haven't checked out any of Turner's work you are really missing out! His company, Aspen Studios, has started putting out their own line of comics, definitly take a look!
I know I also mentioned that I would review various things, well I have got two rocking Xbox games that I think I should plug.

HALO 2 *****
The long awaited sequel to one of the greatest games ever has finally been released. It has been about almost a month and Bungie really did a great job on it. The graphics are amazing the story line is much more involved and lends insight into why the Covenant attacked. The game play is still very smooth and easy to learn, throwing you into the action really fast. There are a few things I would have liked changed but they in no way effect the game. I think it would be cool if the Master Chief could carry more than two weapons. There are often times in the game when you have to choose between two items when it would be better if you could carry them both. The dual-wielding weapons are a great new feature and when you get into LIVE play you will soon realize carrying one weapon is not going to cut it. Halo 2 really takes advantage of life capabilities. Just looking at all the different game options you can do will insure maximum playability. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I know when I do I will start right back at the beginning and have a go at one of the harder settings.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 *****
If you are like me and like the tactical shooters you are going to love this new release from Ubisoft/Redstorm. The Ghost are back, except it is a new team in a new war zone. North Korea to be exact. It is very eerie how the game's plot could easily come out of todays headlines! Many new improvements have been made since Island Thunder. The most noticable is the over the shoulder third person view. I gotta be honest I love this view way more than first person. It allows you to see how well you are covered by objects and really gives you a better overall view of the action. Another great new feature is the ability to carry more gear. Rather than just a primary and secondary weapon the Ghosts are able to carry much more. That being said one of my biggest complaints is that I wish their was a higher degree of weapon customization. We are talking about an elite special forces group, I think it would be fitting for the game to allow you not only to big a weapon, but also the type of sight you want, silenced/unsilenced..etc etc. Perhaps even carry a sniper rifle as well as an assault rifle. But these are tiny issues that can be fought over when they put out a sequel in the coming months. Take note though, after playing Halo 2 and jumping into GR2 it really messes with your play tempo. GR2 is not a game you can just blow through. It is damn hard and takes as much brainpower as firepower.

Overall two great sequels out for the Holiday season. I highly suggest both although, GR2 is not really for kids. Either way, give them a try and if you have a minute, tell me what you think!
See you on live!
The Edge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice sketch bud! I may have to work with you in the future on a few projects I have in mind. :-)

...and the winter holidays do suck. Your feelings and sense of loss during Thanksgiving is the same reason I have hated Christmas for the past several years. I always get depressed and angry during this time... and then sad because I long for what I had when I was a child.

- The Xbox Live friend