Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Zealot


Zealot
Originally uploaded by maq911.
Well as I told you guys before I now have the ability to post pictures. Some of those visual will actually be some of my drawings. For those of you unaware I am a huge comic fan and have often aspired to get work in the business (IN ANY CAPACITY!).
This is actually a piece I did a long time ago. I don't think I was even in high school yet, if I was I was a freshman. This like all my work was based on a drawing by another artist. This is actually based off a splash page (I think) that was in Wild CATS #1 by Jim Lee. I can't remember the year it came out, I want to say 1991 but I think that is too early. Anyway, as I said before he is a big inspiration of mine and I love this character. I call this my "Mona Lisa" because a lot of hard work and devotion went into doing this (I was very young at the time) and it is the only color piece I have ever done. It is also unfinished. The boomerang thing in the back is supposed to be red! Anyway, I love this drawing and I thought I would share. I hope to someday top this...
The Edge

No comments: