Saturday, November 20, 2004

the funny thing about blogs....

So the problem I have with this whole blogging thing, besides keeping up with it, is that I have a tendency to read other peoples rather than write in mine. For example, my college roommate and good friend Jay Rob has a most excellent blog, http://black-coffee.blog-city.com/ , where he goes into everything from politics, religion, girls and sports. What is even better is that he also fills us clueless white boys in on a modern black man's perspective on things. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think what Jay writes is what every African American thinks, far from it, but it is great to get a different point of view!
Another great example of a blog that keeps me reading and not writing is Jim Lee's blog. For those of you who don't know, Jim Lee is possibly the greatest living comic book artist on the planet. He is also one of my art inspirations and heroes. The man can throw down lines...he just seemingly pulls them out of the ether and next thing you know you got a bad ass picture of Batman. Anyway Jim's blog has fellow contributors from Wildstorm studios. Richard Friend, Carlos D'anda, Ale Garza, the beautiful Sandra Hope, etc etc. If you are a fan of Wildstorm's work and you want to get a glimpse of what goes on behind the drawing board, this is a great place to check in.
So if you are wondering why I don't post more that is why! I can't stop reading other people's blogs. Maybe it is because I think they are more interesting than my own or because I am a voyeur, or maybe I just love information. Either way, there are some great sites out there and if you like to hear what people have to say but don't necessarily like to read the paper (my BA in Journalism did wonder's for me!) see if they have a blog or a website. It is great fun
A preview of what is to come...
1) A list of the top ten things I want to do before I leave Rhode Island!
2) An updated version of the blog, with pictures and links and much much more!
3) More great writings on my experience outside of my room and what that entails
4) Reviews of movies, comics, books, games, tv and more (Sequential Tart eat your heart out!)
5) general fun from the mind of me, the Edge

No comments: